Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
In case Facebook’s partners needed more evidence that Facebook Platform has traction, Facebook is giving it to them.
The company said users share their app activity more than one billion times each day using the social network. These include details like the music they’re listening to (done 40 billion times so far), their reading progress (shared 40 million times), and their fitness updates.
Here are the deets, straight from Facebook itself:
- On average, people choose to share their app activity with their Facebook friends more than one billion times every day. As of this month, more than 400 billion Open Graph actions have been shared back to Facebook.
- As of this month, 110 million songs, albums, and radio stations have been played 40 billion times through apps integrated with Facebook.
- As of this month, 1.47 million books have been shared through apps integrated with Facebook, and a resulting 40 million actions against those book objects have been published back to Facebook.
Facebook’s message is clear: Platform is getting major results, and if you’re not plugged into it, you’re missing out on quite a bit of engagement.
Facebook recently made some improvements to Platform to allow for a greater range of actions, so don’t expect Platform’s growth to slow anytime soon.
Photo: Woman with binoculars/Shutterstock.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more