Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
The group of 11 startups was chosen from almost 1,700 applicants, and it includes companies focusing on social outreach for religious communities, collecting customer data for stores, and bringing pet owners together. Eugene Chung, the new managing director for TechStars NYC (replacing David Tisch, who left the role last year) noted that the acceptance rate for this class was just 0.6 percent.
Chung will be co-managing the spring class with TechStars’ Nicole Glaros, who served as interim managing director for TechStars NYC since Tisch’s departure.
“More than ever, our applicant pool reflects the global reach of TechStars and the infusion of technology in the cultural zeitgeist of societies around the world,” Chung wrote in a blog post. “The movie The Social Network has become the Wall Street of our generation. This is true not just for America but for the world at large. Some of the brightest minds of our era are choosing to become entrepreneurs.”
Check out the TechStars NYC spring 2013 companies below:
- AdYapper: Transparency and analytics to cut wasted ad spend.
- Dash Labs: Connected car platform.
- FaithStreet: Social outreach platform for faith communities.
- Jukely: 2-tap concert concierge.
- Klooff: Uniting pet lovers around the world.
- Placemeter: Smart in-store sensors capturing customer data.
- Plated: Redefining the way we eat.
- Sketchfab: Publish, share, and embed interactive 3D models.
- TriggerMail: Intelligent ecommerce emails.
- Validation Board: Quantifying innovation and testing ideas for enterprises.
- weeSpring: Community for new parents built around the people they trust most.
Photo: Devindra Hardawar/VentureBeat
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more