All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
85 percent of us know that websites track their online shopping behavior, a new report from ecommerce optimization company Monetate says, and 75 percent of us want retailers to use our personal information to customize our shopping experiences.
That’s going back to the future, according to Monetate: going back to a time when all commerce was personal.
But there is a yin and a yang here.
While we may want personalized experiences, and we want websites to be smart — to know us, essentially, and act as an intelligent, solicitous person might — privacy is part of the picture. A good third of us don’t want our website activity tracked, and a quarter of us don’t want the websites we shop to personalize our experience at all.
Monetate has four tips for online retailers:
- Use marketing automation technology and big data to assist with personalization
- Target segments with relevant content based on what you know about them
- Don’t think of channels, think of customers first
- Be in it for the long haul, not the quick win
All the data, in visual form:
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more