Developer PopCap is a master of delightfully colorful and deviously addictive games, and it just launched its newest title on Facebook.
Plants vs. Zombies Adventures is available to play now on Facebook. It is a free-to-play social game that combines the tower-defense elements of the original title with some new town-building mechanics — and I just spent 20 minutes playing it instead of writing this post.
This is PopCap’s second Plants vs. Zombies game. The developer launched the original in 2009 for PC. It later released it on Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, Nintendo DS, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mac, and more.
PopCap is also working on a separate Plants vs. Zombies 2: It’s About Time that will more closely follow the mechanics of the original game. The studio plans to release that game in June.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties