The half-robot boy and his mechanical dog are coming to PC. I’m sorry if you think I mean Mega Man, but I’m taking about Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance’s Raiden.
Konami just announced it is unleashing developer Platinum Games’ Metal Gear spinoff on PC. Metal Gear Rising has Raiden, everyone’s favorite cyborg-ninja murder machine, slicing apart enemies in a character-action game similar to Bayonetta.
The publisher isn’t providing any release details but promises to reveal the date “soon.” It also claims the game will run at 60 frames-per-second on “most modern” computers.
This is Platinum’s first PC game; the studio previously released games for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, and DS. It is working on a sequel to Bayonetta 2 exclusively for Wii U.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties