A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Stay on top of all our E3 2013 coverage here.
LOS ANGELES — Following the announcement that PlayStation 4 will not restrict used games in any way, Sony released a video that explains its complicated policies.
The 22-second video is clearly another jab at Microsoft’s confusing used-game policy. The rules are still unclear, even after Microsoft released hundreds of words attempting to explain how Xbox One users can share games for that hardware.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
As for PlayStation 4, sharing games is easy as Sony demonstrates in the following video:
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties