Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Stay on top of all our E3 2013 coverage here.
Updated at 11 a.m. with official info.
The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is going on now, and Spike TV host and video game journalist Geoff Keighley just confirmed that the Xbox One will launch in November.
I guess Xbox One launches in November! Guy from Rare just said it on the pre-show during Kinect Sports Rivals demo. #GTE3
— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) June 10, 2013
Microsoft has confirmed this information. The Xbox One will cost $499 and launch in 21 markets worldwide.
We’ll soon learn what Sony’s soft launch date looks like for the PlayStation 4.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties