Did you miss a session from the Future of Work Summit? Head over to our Future of Work Summit on-demand library to stream.
Rdio provides a catalog of more than 20 million songs you can stream with a single click, but it also wants to offer radio-like experiences for people don’t want to pick all the songs themselves. Streaming music competitor Spotify has also pushed to do the same.
Here are some of the new features you get with Rdio’s Stations:
- Station types: You can create a station from 10 different types to create a long list of favorite stations that can draw from more than 20 million songs. You can create a station by selecting an artist or song to draw from, or you can pick from about 400 subgenres to get your jams flowing.
- New player: A redesigned player lets you vote on individual songs, tune stations toward familiar or new sounds, and changes stations based on your fave tracks.
- You FM: Created with help from The Echo Nest, You FM is a personalized station that leverages your listening history, voting, Facebook likes, Twitter follows, and more to create what could be the most personalized station ever.
- Social discovery: As Rdio is known for social integration, Stations wouldn’t be right if it didn’t do social. Stations lets you play station based your friends’ listening history, or you can pick a specific friend’s station to give a spin.
The new updates Stations feature is available for Rdio’s iOS, Android, and Web apps today.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more