All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
In January, mobile game developer Gree’s free-to-play iOS and Android title Modern War introduced “live events” in which players join forces in real-time bids to take over the virtual world (which looks suspiciously like our world). The company has released an infographic showcasing the impacts of live events on the trigger-happy massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
The less-than-surprising part is that this addition has increased logins and player participation. Slightly less predictable, however, is that more people fought over Ireland than over any other country. But I guess that makes sense; whoever holds Fake Ireland controls the largest supply of virtual zinc in Digital Europe.
Click on the graphic for a larger version.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties