Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Men are more likely than females to be the spenders in mobile games, according to a survey by EEDAR, a game research firm.
Men account for 66 percent of the whales, or big spenders who are in the top 5 percent of payers, in mobile games, according to the survey of 3,000 players on smartphones and tablets.
Women are 65 percent of those who don’t pay to play in mobile games, while men are just 35 percent. Whales play mobile games for an average of 11.8 hours a week, while the average “nonpayer” plays for 4.1 hours a week and the average payer plays for 4.9 hours a week. Whales spend about 24 percent of their waking time playing video games of any kind. Nonpayers are likely to play only on mobile devices and not on other game platforms.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties