In that particularly techy form of porn, the unboxing has become the standard first-day exploit of the hard-core gadget consumer class.
Over the years, however, the unboxing video has lost a little of its luster — partly because we don’t anticipate each new Apple iDevice with such bated breath anymore, and partly because Apple and other device manufacturers have clothed their devices in less and less packaging over the years, in a laudable attempt to be eco-friendly.
But it’s a lot less sexy when the unboxing takes only about five seconds.
So Tom Rich went one better and did a dual iPhone 5C and 5S unboxing:
Rich shows what’s in each package:
- one shiny new Apple iPhone
- a charger (in his case, a funky UK one)
- a set of Apple earpods
- a USB-to-Lightning connector
- and of course, assorted documentation and Apple stickers
Interestingly, the iPhone 5C packaging is a little less standard, and a little harder to get into, with a new pull-tab de-plastic-shrinkwrap-izing feature similar to some packages of gum, and a more rounded box.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform
- networking features, and more