VentureBeat hosts some of the hottest events in Silicon Valley. You name it, we’re hitting the big trends — data, cloud, games, and mobile. Billion dollar deals can get done at these conferences.
We’re looking for an intern to help us manage these events as we push them to the next level.
We’re on the hunt for a detail-oriented events and marketing intern to support several upcoming VentureBeat events. The intern will support various projects across several departments, from content to sales to marketing. This is a great opportunity to get some office and on-site event experience with a well-known brand and top technology news site.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inputting all manual registrations into EventBrite for speakers, press, VentureBeat staff, AV
- Juggling multiple last-minute logistics changes (speaker cancellations, time changes, etc)
- Extracting and analyzing attendee data from EventBrite
- Assisting the Event Coordinator and Event Director with onsite day-of-event logistics
- Managing and updating data in Google Drive
- Managing submissions for innovation showdowns and communicating information to content advisors
- Regular communication with event attendees
- Organizing invitee list, sending invitations, and managing RSVPs for private dinners
- Updating event websites with speaker names, bios, headshots, and session descriptions
- Formatting printed on-site agendas and signage
- Assisting with sales and marketing teams as needed
- College senior or recent college graduate with a major such as Marketing, Business, Journalism, and/or English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented – position will include data entry, so attention to spelling and other details is essential
- Experience on-site at events is a plus
- Work from the VentureBeat office in downtown San Francisco
- Must have laptop
- Familiarity with Excel, Google Drive, and Box
- Graphic design experience (knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Pages, InDesign is a plus, but not required)
The start date is ASAP, and the intern will be paid hourly. This position does not include benefits.
The ideal candidate will be able to work 30-40 hours/week starting immediately and through mid-December. There is the possibility that this position will continue in 2014.
VentureBeat is a popular news site with significant traffic and industry-leading events. But behind the scenes, we’re still a small company that entrusts significant responsibilities to all of our team members. VentureBeat’s media business deals with the Silicon Valley ecosystem, so working here is an awesome way to get front-row access to how this dynamic place works. We provide a fun, energetic startup environment in downtown San Francisco, with panoramic views from the 32nd floor of our 50 California Street offices.
If interested, send your resume and availability to email@example.com with “Event Intern Position” and your name in the subject line.