Would-be Dark Knights are experiencing serious game-breaking issues in developer WB Games Montreal’s Batman: Arkham Origins, and now the developer is preparing to dispatch “major fixes” to address those bugs.
The latest entry in the Arkham series debuted last week on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and PC, and since then players have suffered through corrupted saves, game crashing, and gameplay glitches. WB Games is aware of these issues and plans to release an update “within the next week,” according to a post on the WB Games forums.
“The team has been working around the clock to review, validate, and pinpoint the problems that have been reported and we have identified three main issues which we are tackling first,” reads a statement from the studio. “For these issues, we expect the software update to be available within the next week. Rest assured, we are continuing to monitor all channels for other issues that players are experiencing and will release additional updates as they become available.”
The developer revealed that it is working on fixes for all of the following issues:
- Infinite falling/falling out of the world: all platforms
- Unable to continue story/Only “New Game” shows up at the start screen: all platforms
- Cannot unlock FreeFlow Focus when earning “Shadow Vigilante” rank 3: all platforms
- Progression blocker in Burnley Tower: PC
- Corrupted Saves: Xbox 360
- Ongoing crashing and freezing: Xbox 360
WB Games will release the patch as a title update, so players should automatically receive it once it is ready.