Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Video game console launches are rare events, so companies like Sony try to make them into memorable spectacles. The PlayStation 4 launch in New York was orchestrated to be just that. The event will certainly go down as a once-in-a-lifetime event for Joey Chiu, a Brooklyn resident who was first in line to get a box from Sony game chief Andrew House on Thursday at midnight.
Here are our photos from Sony’s launch of the PlayStation 4. Sony put on quite a show at the Standard High Line Hotel in Manhattan. We hope you enjoy them.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties