Did you miss a session from GamesBeat Summit 2022? All sessions are available to stream now. Learn more.
This sponsored post is produced by Dealzon.
Want the best Battlefield 4 sale for Black Friday? You probably should’ve skipped the turkey this year. Black Friday started officially on Thursday this year thanks to a new retail experiment where the holiday shopping rush interrupts Turkey Day. The gaming industry was no exception to the deal frenzy as EA’s Origin launched their Black Friday weekend sale yesterday AM.
EA slashed prices on Battlefield 4 to as much as 50% off on the PC digital download version, with savings are also available for the consoles versions. Of course, Origin isn’t the only retailer discounting the Triple-A shooter, as retailers across the space compete for gamers’ dollars.
Here are the best Battlefield 4 Black Friday deals as of writing. We’ll update the list as pricing changes throughout the day (and weekend!)
Best BF4 PC Deals
- $19.99 for Battlefield 4 at Origin.com (this one requires hoop-jumping – full instructions below)
- $34.99 for Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition at Origin.com (three battlepacks & bonuses)
- $40.00 for Battlefield 4 Premium Service at GMG – use coupon TAREM-4PLAY-VOUCH
Best BF4 Console Deals
- $24.99 for Battlefield 4 on Xbox 360 at GameStop
- $24.99 for Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 3 at GameStop
Use promo code “SAVER” at GameStop to get free shipping. Amazon is also price-matching the $25 price tag for Battlefield 4 on the 360, PS3, and PC, alhough this is often shuffled in as a Lightning Deal that disappears after a couple of hours. You can find them here.
Best BF4 Next-Gen Deals
- $49.99 for Battlefield 4 on Xbox One at Best Buy
- $49.99 for Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4 at Best Buy
Humorously enough, the best 8th gen console sale for BF4 happened before Black Friday at Walmart. Walmart priced all platforms at $49.00 (woo $0.99 savings vs Best Buy). Based on price history, we wouldn’t be surprised if the Walmart deal shows up again come Cyber Monday next week.
How to Get BF4 for $19.99 on the PC
Enterprising PC gamers discovered that you can stack a McDonalds & Dr. Pepper (yep) special $10 off promotion on top of Origin.com’s 50% off because the game is still priced above $29.99 – the threshold for the $10 off promo code.
Here are the full steps:
- Go to Origin.com and login to your account, add in payment info, etc. This makes the process A LOT easier (especially if server is oveloaded again).
- Visit Dr. Pepper’s promo gamer site to generate a $10 off promo code
- Enter one of the six codes below plus a working email address:
48VU64 4979P3 497D79
413M4D 4712M9 4912HA
- Copy your generated unique promo code (save for later)
- Click here to add Battlefield to your cart for $29.99
- (The generated code should work for Digital Deluxe, too)
- Proceed to Checkout
- Look for the Promo Code drop down box above the “Subtotal” field to enter your generated promo code
- Total will now be $19.99! Score! (Sales tax in some states).
If you’re not in the US, this promotion will NOT work for you, short of resorting to a VPN of some sort. If you don’t want to deal with all the steps or can’t get this to work for whatever reason, GameStop has the game for $25. Sure, its $5 more, but it’s less hassle to navigate.
All prices above are valid as of current writing and work for online ordering. (The point is to skip the craziness because getting trampled to save $10 shouldn’t be high on your goal list.) Let us know if you spot a better deal somewhere in the comments!
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Learn more about membership.