New Section of Popular Site Spotlights How Technology Is Transforming $4.4 Trillion Global Market
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–December 16, 2013–
The editors of VentureBeat, a media company that covers disruptive technology and explains why it matters in our lives, today announced the launch of an Education Technology channel. With partner support from Apollo Lightspeed, VentureBeat becomes the first major technology news organization to dedicate a channel to how technology is transforming the global education market.
“We have been planning this launch for quite some time,” said Dylan Tweney, Editor-in-Chief, VentureBeat. “Education Technology represents one of the fastest-growing areas of technology investment right now. It’s also one, like Health IT, in which we’ve shown great leadership, with stories that have taken both mainstream media and competing specialty technology media by surprise.”
Recent Education Technology Coverage:
- “Teachers start 25 state petitions to add computer science to grad requirements”https://venturebeat.com/2013/12/09/teachers-start-25-state-petitions-to-add-computer-science-to-grad-requirements/
- “Facebook founder is now helping bring high-speed Internet to public schools”https://venturebeat.com/2013/12/04/facebook-founder-is-now-helping-bring-high-speed-internet-to-public-schools/
- “Meet Bo and Yana – the cute robots that can teach your toddler to code”https://venturebeat.com/2013/10/28/meet-bo-and-yana-the-cute-robots-that-can-teach-your-toddler-to-code/
- “How data is driving the biggest revolution in education since the Middle Ages”https://venturebeat.com/2013/12/04/how-data-is-driving-the-biggest-revolution-in-education-since-the-middle-ages/
- “How these college dropouts beat Harvard grads in the competition for jobs”
- “The President’s ‘gaming guy’ tells us that educational games fascinate Obama”https://venturebeat.com/2013/10/29/the-presidents-gaming-guy-tells-us-that-games-fascinate-obama/
- “How Jordan’s Queen plans to ‘democratize access’ to education”https://venturebeat.com/2013/11/18/how-jordans-queen-plans-to-democratize-access-to-education/
For additional stories, visit the Education Technology channel: https://venturebeat.com/category/education/
According to a February 2013 report from London-based investment bank IBIS Capital reported in the Washington Post, the value of the global education market is $4.4 trillion, with eLearning, at 27%, representing the fastest-growing segment.
VentureBeat’s Education Technology channel is made possible in part through the partner support of Apollo Lightspeed, the innovation division of the Apollo Education Group. Apollo Lightspeed’s mission is to create and bring to market products and services that leverage Apollo Education Group’s core strengths and capabilities, while pushing the boundaries of technology, education and learning. Apollo Lightspeed’s Innovator’s Accelerator course teaches business executives how to cultivate innovation and is currently deployed in many Fortune 100 companies globally. For more information, visit: www.apollo.edu/learning-platforms/lightspeed and www.innovatorsaccelerator.com.
Founded in 2006, VentureBeat has emerged as one of the “best blogs on the web” according to The New York Times, offering 7.5 million readers per month (Source: Google Analytics & internal metrics) unparalleled insight into the most relevant emerging technologies, trends, companies, and the business opportunities that they create. Led by Matt Marshall and a team of experienced journalists, the company has grown into the leading source for breaking news and in-depth reporting on a range of technology trends-from social to mobile, small business to enterprise, clean technology, cloud services, games, and more. The company also brings the community together several times per year with its own executive-level conferences, such as MobileBeat, CloudBeat, GamesBeat, and the VentureBeat Mobile Summit, and added three new conferences in 2013 (DataBeat, DevBeat, and HealthBeat). For more information, visit: www.venturebeat.com/about.
PRwithBrains for VentureBeat
914-476-6089 – office
914-330-3501 – cell
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more