All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
A huge number of people who picked up a PlayStation 4 also invested in a zone for killing.
Sony Computer Entertainment revealed today that it has sold 2.1 million copies of its PlayStation 4 sci-fi shooter Killzone: Shadow Fall. The game reached that milestone as of Jan. 15. Earlier this month, Sony confirmed it sold 4.2 million PlayStation 4s around the globe before the end of 2013.
Killzone: Shadow Fall is the latest entry in developer Guerrilla Games’ long-running first-person shooter series. It has players taking control of an elite soldier who fights against a terrorist force that threatens the peaceful citizens of the planet Vekta.
“I am thrilled that so many users have been enjoying Killzone: Shadow Fall since the launch of PS4,” Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida said in a statement. “This title fully embraces the creativity of the development team at Guerrilla Games based in the Netherlands and is a great representation of what SCE [studios] has to offer.”
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Killzone was one of the few exclusive games that launched alongside the PlayStation 4 on Nov. 15. Sony Computer Entertainment Japan released the character platformer Knack as well, but the company did not provide sales figures for it.
For 2014, Sony plans to update Killzone with additional multiplayer maps later this year. The company will release the downloadable content for free at a date in plans to reveal soon.
The publisher also touted its upcoming lineup of PS4 games. Open-world action game InFamous: Second Son is due out March 21, racer Driveclub is coming early this year, and steampunk action title The Order: 1886 hits PS4 during the third quarter.
- PlayStation 4 sales exceed one million in just 24 hours
- Sony launches PlayStation 4, fans go nuts
- How next-gen games are using the PlayStation 4 controller in clever new ways
- Microsoft and Sony finally put their console cards on the table
- Global PS4 sales top 2.1M units after big launch in Europe and Latin America
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties