Check it out, sports fans: We’ve compiled a fun little chart showing exactly how well earnings season went for the top publicly traded companies in tech.
And it’s a delightfully mixed bag. Powerhouse Apple and still-struggling Yahoo went into a power slump while Netflix rode Kevin Spacey and a women’s prison biopic to a 24 percent gain.
Here’s who we’re watching:
- Facebook showed it understands mobile with a report revealing more than half of all revenue in Q4 2013 came from that sector.
- Yahoo, on the other hand, showed yet another quarter of decline in spite of its charismatic leadership.
- Microsoft outdid estimates for profit and revenue based on strong Xbox and cloud business.
- Netflix grew its customer base by 2 million new subscribers, sending its stock price into a dizzying spike.
- Google had its profits and revenues in line, but it lost ground in mobile.
- Apple shipped a ton of devices but missed some key estimates.
Here’s how that played out in the public markets, as shown in percentage change: