Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Internet analyst Mary Meeker has just released her latest report on the past year’s Internet trends, and it is juicy.
A few highlights of this slideshow:
- Internet user numbers are growing very slowly (less than 10 percent year-to-year), but the fastest growth is in hard-to-monetize markets like India, Indonesia, and Nigeria.
- Google’s average revenue per user (ARPU) is six times that of Facebook’s, and Facebook’s is twice that of Twitter’s.
- Tablet sales grew 52 percent in 2013 — that’s faster than PC sales ever grew.
- Mobile app revenue is kicking mobile ad revenue’s butt and accounts for 68 percent of mobile monetization.
- Bitcoin wallets have increased eightfold since last year.
[slideshare id=35210772&style=border:1px solid #CCC; border-width:1px 1px 0; margin-bottom:5px; max-width: 100%;&sc=no]
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more