Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
It’s time to announce our Who’s Got Game Innovation Showdown 2014 contest for the best game startup. The applications are open now, and we’ll select the winner at our sixth annual GamesBeat 2014 conference on Sept. 15 and Sept. 16 at the Parc 55 Hotel in San Francisco.
We’re looking for the game companies — from young startups to more established players — with the freshest ideas and most disruptive technologies.
This is your opportunity to showcase your product or service in front of 600-plus business and gaming execs, leaders, venture capitalists, investors, and press.
Finalists will have four minutes to showcase their innovative gaming technologies live at GamesBeat. Our team of judges — made up of game-industry experts and venture capitalists — will provide feedback on the products or services presented and determine the winner based on the following criteria: freshness, innovation, and potential for business success.
The Showdown winners will be announced onstage at GamesBeat and will receive GamesBeat/VentureBeat coverage, introductions to investors and/or relevant potential customers in our network, and other prizes to be announced.
The application deadline is Monday, Aug. 11, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.
Additional guidelines and rules:
- We suggest you submit a short video telling us more about your company or product with your application. This should not be an elaborate production. We are just looking for a no-frills video of the entrepreneur or executive talking clearly about the idea.
- A person from your company (ideally the person in the video) must be available to pitch live at GamesBeat.
- We do not allow PowerPoint presentations. Instead you can do a live demo, video, or another creative way of presenting your technology.
- We’ll accept products that haven’t even been launched yet — we actually encourage and prioritize this.
To submit your product/service, fill out the form below. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We look forward to reviewing your submission!
Last year’s winner was ZowPow Toys, the maker of plush toys that go with mobile apps. Other past winners have raised funding rounds, and Playnomics, the winner of our Who’s Got Game contest in 2010, was recently acquired by Unity Technologies.
Grab one of the first 50 GamesBeat tickets and save $400!
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties