A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
LOS ANGELES — Sony announced today that it’s bringing an all-time classic, Grim Fandango, to the PlayStation 4 and Vita with remastered graphics. Grim Fandango is one of developer Tim Schafer’s masterpieces, the same man behind Full Throttle and Psychonauts.
At its Electronic Entertainment Expo press briefing today, Sony says that this project is coming thanks to a partnership with Disney, who now owns the rights to Grim Fandango since it bought the original developer, LucasArts. The adventure game was originally a commercial disappointment when it came out on PC in 1998, but it acquired a cult following.
Grim Fandango is also my favorite game of all time, so excuse me while I slap myself and make sure this isn’t a dream.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties