A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
LOS ANGELES — Sony announced today during its pre-E3 press conference that it is putting The Last of Us’ famous monsters — the Clickers, Stalkers, and Bloaters — to the Ultimate Evil of Edition of developer Blizzard’s action role-playing game Diablo 3 for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. The Ultimate Evil Edition comes with the recent expansion, Reaper of Souls.
The Infected from The Last of Us are already pretty similar to the creatures that litter Diablo 3, so they should fit right in. However, you can only fight them in a specific dungeon. We can thank this bit of synergy to the upcoming PlayStation 4 release of The Last of Us, a graphically-upgraded version of Naughty Dog’s PlayStation 3 hit.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties