SAN FRANCISCO — Today, Google announced that Android tablets now account for 62 percent of tablet shipments.
Google’s Sundar Pichai told the crowd at this year’s Google I/O conference that this number is up from 39 percent of tablet shipments two years ago, and up from 46 percent last year.
The technology giant is holding its annual Google I/O conference in downtown San Francisco, and during the keynote, Pichai was not shy about flaunting the company’s growing market share.
Other interesting numbers:
- 42 percent of YouTube viewing is now on Android, up from 28 percent in 2013.
- 235 percent year-to-year increase in app installs for 2014.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more