Survey Covers: Top Operations Analytics; IT role in Video Surveillance; Cyber-attack Concerns; Cloud Surveillance
AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–June 25, 2014–
Eagle Eye Networks today announced the availability of its first annual Video Surveillance Report. This year’s report covers the results of multiple 250-500 respondent surveys of Video Surveillance and Information Technology (IT) professionals. The survey topics spanned targeted use of video surveillance systems, cloud video surveillance, IT’s role, and view of video surveillance system vulnerability.
“More than two-thirds of companies now plan to expand their use of video surveillance systems beyond security and into operations improvement,” said Dean Drako, President and CEO of Eagle Eye Networks. “Additionally, there is a deepening involvement of their IT personnel in many aspects of video surveillance activities.”
The findings from the industry-wide 1H 2014 independent, anonymous survey include:
Business Plans for Video Surveillance
- Video Surveillance usage plans: Protection versus Operations Improvement
- Video Surveillance operations improvement analytics expected to be deployed
Cloud Video Surveillance
- Video recording location preference: On-premise versus the Cloud
- Top drivers for cloud-managed Video Surveillance
- Top hurdles to cloud-based Video Surveillance system deployment
- Top frustrations with current Video Surveillance systems
- Portion of IT folks now involved in Video Surveillance
- IT specific role/duties in Video Surveillance
- Video Surveillance system vulnerability to Cyber Attack
The full survey results are available in Eagle Eye’s Video Surveillance – Cloud, Operations, IT Report 2014.
About Eagle Eye Networks
Eagle Eye delivers the first on-demand cloud based security and operations video management system (VMS) providing both cloud and on-premise recording, in conjunction with a cloud video API. Eagle Eye offers secure, encrypted recording, camera management, mobile viewing and alerts – all from a 100% cloud managed platform. The Eagle Eye Security Camera Video Management System supports a broad array of IP and analog cameras uses Intelligent Bandwidth Management™, making it easy to deploy at single and multiple sites. The API platform uses the Eagle Eye Big Data Video Framework™, with time based data structures used for indexing, search, retrieval and analysis of the live and archived video. Eagle Eye Networks sells through authorized reseller and installation partners. The headquarters is at 411 Brazos St, Suite 101, Austin, TX. For more information please visit www.eagleeyenetworks.com or call +1-512-473-0500.
Gloria Nichols, 650-678-2219
gloria at launchm dot com