Twitter’s digital ad exchange MoPub now lets publishers work with multiple native ad sources instead of just one.
The company is calling this ability “network mediation for native ads.” What that means is that previously, if a MoPub mobile app publisher wanted to advertise on more than one ad network, it would have to expend time and resources managing those multiple networks. “Today, publishers can manage multiple ad networks for native ads directly through MoPub with one [software development kit],” Twitter wrote in a blog post.
Native ads are ads designed and formatted to blend in with surrounding content, like camouflage. The most widespread example of native advertising is on Facebook, which inserts sponsored posts into people’s news feeds alongside updates from their friends and pages they’ve liked.
The move to native advertising on mobile is part of a big trend that we’ll be featuring at MobileBeat 2014, in SF on July 8-9. Indeed, Paul Gelb, Twitter’s head of marketplace development, and former Mopub executive, will speak at the event.
- Work with multiple ad networks for native ads instead of committing to a single ad network
- Access multiple native ad sources with a single SDK and easily switch between networks with built-in mediation control features
- Automatically prioritize networks based on performance for different parts of your inventory
Twitter acquired MoPub last fall for a purchase price of $350 million in stock.
MoPub has been a big player in digital advertising for some time with a standard ad exchange for banner ads. Although native advertising is a newer area, it’s already saturated with startups. TripleLift, TapSense, Outbrain, Polar, and Sharethough are comparable firms occupying the same space.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more