Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
SAN FRANCISCO — For the professional network crew at Linkedin, the company’s “mobile moment” is happening right now.
Joff Redfern, Linkedin’s veep of mobile strategy, offered these fascinating tidbits this morning at the MobileBeat slugfest at the Hilton.
According to Redfern:
- LinkedIn is adding two new members every second of every day. Its user base is now stands at 300 million plus.
- In 2009, only 8 percent of users were logging in with mobile devices.
- So far this year, mobile users now account for 43 percent of traffic.
- By the end of 2014, in about 5 months, the number of mobile users will surpass 50 percent.
- Last year, LinkedIn “mobilized.”
- When Joff started at Linkedin in 2009, they employed just eight engineers focusing on mobile.
- LinkedIn now employs 5,000.
- LinkedIn now offers six different mobile apps.
- 1.5 million users look for jobs on the site every day through mobile devices.
- LinkedIn is now vigorously pursuing a “multi-app” strategy.
LinkedIn started as a professional networking site. They are now quickly moving to become an indispensible job search destination. This will likely translate to increased revenues.
And at this point, for LinkedIn, its all roses.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more