Electronic Arts said today that it would delay two of its biggest releases of the fall, pushing Battlefield Hardline until 2015 and Dragon Age: Inquisition, the upcoming role-playing game from BioWare, until Nov. 18 in North America and Nov. 21 in Europe.
The giant game publisher made the announcements as a part of its first-quarter fiscal earnings report.
Battlefield Hardline, the latest in the popular Battlefield combat series, was originally slated for Oct. 21.
But EA said the development teams need more time to work on delivering better games.
“Back at E3, we launched a beta for Hardline — we wanted to not only show you the game, but to let you play it for yourselves,” Karl Magnus Troedsson, DICE vice president and group GM, wrote on the Battlefield blog.
“Millions of you jumped in and had a great time. As a result, the Visceral Games team learned a lot from players about what they wanted in the game. We’ve been pouring over the data and feedback and have already been putting a lot of it right into the game and sharing it directly with you.
“This feedback also spurred us to start thinking about other possibilities and ways we could push Hardline innovation further and make the game even better. The more we thought about these ideas, the more we knew we had to get them into the game you will all be playing. However, there was only one problem. We would need more time. Time that we didn’t have if we decided to move forward with launching in just a couple of months.”
Dragon Age: Inquisition had previously been set for release Oct. 7.
In an open letter on the Inquisition website, executive producer Mark Darrah said, “While this extra few weeks may not seem like a lot, I know the game you’ll play will be all the better for it.
“This last bit of time is about polishing the experience we want you to see. Ensuring that our open spaces are as engaging as possible. Strengthening the emotional impact of the Hero’s choices. And ensuring the experience you get is the best it can be in the platform you choose to play on.”