We all know how massively important social media and content marketing are to brands and their online presence. In 2014, you simply can’t ignore these areas if you are to remain competitive in your niche. But, despite their significance to building brand awareness and ultimately growing your revenue stream, many businesses don’t have the time or the expertise to optimize their content and social media marketing strategies.
In a recent interview, Murray Newlands interviews Audrey Melnik from ZootRock about how brands can go about their social media marketing more effectively, and why outsourcing your social media and automating your content marketing can be beneficial to your business.
To find out more, watch the full interview below:
These are the key takeaways from the video:
• ZootRock is a company that offers social media and content marketing services to small businesses to help them keep their online presence relevant and engaged without having to devote a lot of time or money to it. ZootRock effectively curates content for these small businesses to post to their social media pages so that they can spend time on the things that really matter instead of searching for content to share.
• According to Audrey, ZootRock was started as a result of her own social media blunders. She explains that while she was working on a previous startup, she had hired a social media consultant but unfortunately, was not seeing positive results. So, she fired the consultant and started running her pages on her own, and to much success. So, she decided to create a company that could solve her previous social media struggles and could offer those services to other small businesses in need.
• In the interview, Melnik explains how ZootRock works and how it can help small businesses engage with their target audience on social media. She tells us that ZootRock will initially analyze your company, determine what specific audiences are relevant to you based on what market you’re in, and then suggest content for you to post on your pages. Currently, ZootRock has over 200 different curator streams on a handful of topics that it can pull content from to share with your fans and followers.
• Later in the interview, Melnik also talks about content automation within ZootRock. She says that the success of automated content ultimately depends on the business, and that although some brands want to have total control over the content that’s shared on their pages, many of ZootRock’s customers have benefited greatly from their autopilot mode where content is posted automatically, based on its relevance to the business.
If you have any questions after watching the video, please leave them in the comments below!
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform
- networking features, and more