Adobe released its first major update to Photoshop Mix, its image editing app for the iPad.
Mix allows iPad users to do selective edits, basic compositing, and some other basic Photoshop design tasks, Adobe said in a blog post.
The new version, Mix 1.1, adds some handy new features, including the following:
- Image Swap, enabling users to change the order of layers in a Mix project by dragging and dropping thumbnails
- More flexible undo and redo functions
- Full editing capabilities between Photoshop Express and Photoshop Mix
- Ability to save full resolution files to the user’s local camera roll
- Support for large panoramic files, as well as PNG file formats
Performance was improved as well. Adobe says Mix now takes better advantage of the tablet GPU, and is very fast on recent iPads, especially when loading a project and creating live previews.
Adobe says the update satisfies the majority of improvement requests it’s heard from in-app feedback, research, and reviews.
Photoshop Mix was originally released in June 2014 as a free app for the iPad.