Tim Draper has been in the news for his controversial proposal to split California into six separate states. But he made his reputation as one of Silicon Valley’s most successful venture capitalists with investments in Skype, Overture, Baidu, Tesla, Hotmail, and Twitch.tv, among many others.
This week, VentureBeat’s Dylan Tweney and Richard Byrne Reilly talk to Draper about the future of California, the state of the startup economy, how he picks entrepreneurs, and why he’s so bullish on Bitcoin.
- Drug dealers on Instagram
- The iPhone 6’s missing sapphire screen, and
- A headband that measures your brainwaves to reduce your stress.
You can subscribe to “What to Think” on iTunes. Or you can listen to Episode 21 on its own in the player below:
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more