Destiny is hiding a lot of secrets, and it revealed some of them this weekend.
Bungie’s futuristic shooter offers gamers a huge range of content, but it appears the studio has more to offer from the game that sold through more than $325 million during its first five days of release. Over the weekend, some Destiny players encountered a bug that revealed missions that aren’t yet available to play. These include content linked to Destiny’s first paid-for downloadable content pack, The Dark Below, which is due out in December; and the second pack, House of Wolves, which is also coming next year. Continually adding content to Destiny is part of Bungie’s plan to keep the franchise relevant for the next 10 years.
Interestingly, the revealed content is not just for high-level players who’ve already invested a lot of time. Perhaps even more interesting is the amount of story content that Bungie hasn’t yet released. Many gamers and reviewers have criticized Destiny for its confusing and lackluster story, and the six story missions spotted this weekend may help fill in some gaps.
While the bug may not detail exactly what we’ll see in future content updates, it gives a pretty good idea of what Bungie has in store for Destiny. Unfortunately, other planets to explore don’t appear part of the plan. There is a new raid location mentioned, though, which is the Reef, the asteroid belt that is home to non-player character, the Queen.
Reddit user Kinsey9 created a video showing the bug, embedded above, and documented the additional content made visible:
- Strike [Level 10]: The Jovian Complex: A new Hive brood gathers its strength beneath the cosmodrome. Find their master and purge them all.
- Story Mission [Level 18]: The Veil Lifted: Root out the Hive beneath the Cosmodrome and discover a long-hidden secret of the Golden Age.
- Story Mission [Level 18]: The Seeding: Investigate the return of ancient Hive Wizards, preparing Earth for Crota’s reign.
- Story Mission [Level 20]: Gone to Ground: Find a Wolves baron and his conspirators who have betrayed the Queen and are hiding in the Cosmodrome.
- Strike [Level 14]: The House of Wolves: No description.
- Strike [Level 26]: The Summoning Pits: Xyor, the Unwed, awaits your arrival at the bottom of the Hellmouth.
- Raid [Level 28]: Crota’s End: He waits in the dark below.
- Story Mission [Level 20]: The Wakening: Stop the Hive from summoning Crota and consuming our worlds.
- Story Mission [Level 20]: Wolves’ Harvest: Track down the Queen’s traitorous Wolves and recover what they’ve stolen from the Awoken.
- Story Mission [Level 22]: The Citadel: Ascend to the top of the Vex stronghold on Venus and assassinate the Wolves’ Kell.
- Strike [Level 20]: The Hypogeum: The resurrection of the Black Garden has begun. Stop the Vex before the Garden’s heart beats again.
- Raid [Level 28]: Reef Raid: No description
- Skirmish: Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris, for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come. A string of victories will earn you great rewards – but lose three times and you’re out.
- 3v3 Team Deathmatch.
- Level Advantages Enabled.
- Weekly Rewards.
- Trial Set Gear.
- Ascendant Materials.
- Crucible Marks.