New Breakthrough “Code-less” Solutions Enable Business Users to Rapidly Deliver Great Mobile Apps and Reduce Time to Market by 75% Percent
ORLANDO, Fla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–October 7, 2014–
Kony, Inc., the leading enterprise mobility company, today announced new mobile app solutions to empower businesses to become a mobile-time enterprise and capitalize on the explosive growth of enterprise mobile apps. Building on its heritage of helping leading organizations with innovative, market-leading mobile solutions for business and IT, Kony announced its next level of breakthrough products and services to dramatically transform the app development process: Kony ModelerTM, the first “no source code” solution toolset that can be used by business users to rapidly assemble and configure stunning mobile app user experiences; two new business apps that showcase the capabilities of Kony Modeler; Kony Marketplace, an enterprise mobile app exchange of ready-to-run apps and app models; and enhancements to Kony Studio and Kony MobileFabric to enable a new class of model-driven, composite apps.
Today, business users are dependent on IT to mobilize existing back-end systems and processes into mobile apps that deliver rich experiences on any device. According to Gartner, “as demand from business units in enterprises put increasing pressure on IT organizations to deliver large numbers of mobile applications, application development teams will have to employ practices that are different from traditional application development.” Gartner predicts that “by 2018, more than half of all mobile apps will be created by analysts using codeless tools.”1 Building on Kony’s market-leading enterprise mobility platform, Kony’s new products and services underscore the shift of mobile app development from IT-driven custom development to business-driven assembly and configuration, reducing overall time to market by up to 75% percent and lowering total cost of ownership (TCO).
“IT can no longer keep up with the increasing demands of its business users to develop the apps they need with the user experience they require in a timely manner,” said Burley Kawasaki, senior vice president of products, Kony, Inc. “Today’s announcement provides business users with new tools and services that will empower them to assemble and configure their own mobile apps from scratch or from a set of available pre-built modules obtained from Kony, enterprise developers, and our partner ecosystem. Kony enables business users to build on and connect to existing IT investments in backend systems of record, and allows them to easily update their apps without the traditional cost and complexity of custom software.”
According to Gartner analyst Richard Marshall, “Codeless app-building tools are aimed at delivering apps quickly and effectively; the architectural approach allows not just for rapid app creation, but rapid modification to meet changing needs.”1
“NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an early adopter of mobile technology, and we have seen the power of mobile applications in enhancing patient care and improving overall patient outcomes,” said Peter M. Fleischut, MD, associate chief innovation officer, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. “Through our collaborations, we intend to drive a new model for mobile healthcare that better equips our clinicians, technicians, and patients with innovative mobile applications that are rapidly created and delivered. Our goal is to support the delivery of two mobile applications per month to revolutionize the way coordinated care is administered.”
Addressing today’s business demand, Kony’s latest enterprise mobility offerings and services, built on its market-leading mobility platform, empowers line of business customers with a range of new solutions to create and deliver mobile apps that will reduce time to market and streamline the development process:
- Kony Modeler – the first visual, composition toolset for business users to assemble and configure mobile-first apps from reusable, lightweight app models. This is the first “no source code” solution that enables the business to directly build mobile applications that can be immediately deployed and updated via the cloud to end-users on iOS or Android phones and tablets.
- Kony Marketplace – an online exchange allowing business users to take advantage of pre-built app models and “ready to run” apps from Kony and Kony’s rich partner ecosystem of third-party Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and system integrators. Kony will work with their partner ecosystem to drive demand, encouraging partners, ISVs and integrators to create and deliver app models or finished apps into the Kony Marketplace. Customers can easily import these apps and app models into Kony Modeler for rapid configuration.
- “Ready to Run” Apps – new class of model driven composite apps that are visually configurable and pre-integrated to line of business systems such as SAP and Salesforce. Kony announced the first of many “ready to run” lightweight apps models – Kony Sales and Kony Field Services. These apps leverage more than a dozen app models that Kony has provided that can be easily assembled and configured by business users using Kony Modeler into highly customized, mobile-first experiences.
- Kony MobileFabric and Enterprise Mobility Platform – Kony MobileFabric has been expanded by the addition of a brand new App Services layer that enables a model-driven composite application to be configured and deployed by the business directly. This enables rapid customization, automatic upgrades and versioning, and significantly lower TCO for ongoing app maintenance. The upcoming release of Kony Studio 6.0 will also feature rich user experience (UX) enhancements along with the introduction of new Application Program Interfaces (APIs) to enable independent software vendors to build new model-driven composite applications.
Kony Modeler, Kony MobileFabric App Services, Kony Marketplace and Kony Studio 6.0 will be generally available this calendar quarter.
For two years in a row, Gartner has named Kony a Leader in its Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms.
Kony is the fastest-growing, cloud-based enterprise mobility solutions company and an industry leader among mobile application development platform (MADP) providers. Kony empowers today’s leading organizations to compete in mobile time by rapidly delivering multi-edge mobile apps across the broadest array of devices and systems, today and in the future. Kony offers ready-to-run business mobile apps to help organizations better engage with customers and partners, as well as increase employee productivity through mobile device access to company systems and information. Powered by Kony’s industry-leading Mobility Platform, enterprises can design, build, configure, and manage mobile apps across the entire software development lifecycle, and get to market faster with a lower total of ownership.
Kony was also honored in the Mobile Star Awards for achievements in enterprise application development; named the first place winner in CTIA’s MobITs Awards in the Mobile Applications, Development & Platforms category, and included on the Inc. 500|5000 list of fastest growing private companies in America. For more information, please visit www.kony.com. Connect with Kony on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
1 Source: Adopt a Bimodal Approach to Mobile App Development Strategy, Gartner, July 2014
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more