This sponsored post is produced by Dealzon.
The clock is ticking, and we’re already heading into Fall’s massive Triple-A release schedule. The latest in the Call of Duty series Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare heads to stores in less than ten days’ time with a release on all major platforms – from PC to the 8th and 7th gen console systems. Developed by Sledgehammer Games (which produced COD: Modern Warfare 3), the game has a laundry list of preorder incentives for hardcore COD fans.
TL:DR; of all the deals…
• Microsoft Store: free $10 or $15 in Xbox points + free release day delivery
• Best Buy: free $10 rewards certificate or 20% off for unlocked members
• GameStop: 15% off for PC Steam key use code PCD15PR at checkout
In typical preorder bonus tradition, you’ll find in-game items along with early access potential. Here’s what you’ll receive if you preorder:
• Day Zero Edition: Every preorder = Day Zero Edition, giving you 24 hours of early access to the game with a full day of double XP on November 3rd.
• Advanced Arsenal: Bullet Brass Exoskeleton and EM1 Quantum Weapon
Things spice up a bit as you consider the additional preorder bonuses retailers are tackling on to win your purchase dollars.
The best Xbox Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare deals for Xbox owners
The best deal for Xbox 360 and One owners is to grab the title from Microsoft’s official store:
• Microsoft Store: free $10 Xbox gift card or $15 worth of Xbox Points
• Plus, get free guaranteed release day delivery if you order by 10/30, 2 p.m. PDT.
Generally Microsoft Store offers a $10 Xbox gift card digital code as a preorder incentive, but the retailer is spicing things up lately with the introduction of additional perks for Xbox Live Rewards members.
In short, if you’re a Xbox Live Rewards member, you’ll receive an additional 15,000 Xbox Live points (worth $15) in lieu of the $10 Xbox gift card. It’s free to sign up, and all you have to do is make sure you use the same email address when you order.
The best preorder deal for PlayStation owners
On the flip side, PlayStation owners will have to look at third party retailers:
• Best Buy: free $10 Best Buy rewards certificate
• If you’re a Gamers Club Unlocked member, you’ll also get 20% off
PC gamers? You’re not left out
This was suppose to be all the console deals but PC gamers aren’t completely left out:
• GameStop: 15% off discount for PC Steam key
• Use coupon: PCD15PR at checkout
Beyond the preorder bonuses at these retailers, for hardcore COD collectors, there are additional limited editions.
There’s the $120 COD: Advanced Warfare Atlas Pro Edition which bundles in the Season Pass and a bunch of other content, both physical and digital in-game. (The special physical goodie is the Collectible SteelBook.)
Subtract the Season Pass and you’ll get the $80 Atlas Limited Edition, which comes with everything above minus the eventual four DLC packs that will be released in the future.
Surprisingly, Advanced Warfare isn’t a title with retailer-specific preorder incentives. That’s arguably a good thing for gamers, leaving only the bonus monetary incentives to consider, thereby simplifying the buying choice.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare releases on November 4th, 2014 on the PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3. Preorder “Day Zero” Editions will be released on November 3rd, 2014 for North America.
Update: Added details for PC gamers.