A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Update 10:57 a.m. PT: Google Fit is now live on the Web, too.
According to Google, the newly launched app includes your run-of-the-mill activity tracking features, supports third-party integrations and Android wear devices, and enables users to “set goals based on either duration or steps.”
Here’s a closer look at the new app:
Although this fitness app follows Google’s new Material Design guidelines and was announced alongside Android L (now known as Lollipop), Google Fit is available to all users running Android 4.0 and newer.
Google Fit’s web counterpart is still not available, although Google is already pointing users there.
Mobile developer or publisher?
Learn how the most successful developers get better users for less money.
More details, from Google:
- Just carry your phone and get access to your walking, running, and cycling activity.
- Set goals based on either duration or steps and see your progress throughout the day.
- Receive performance-based recommendations for activity goals.
- Connect third party devices and apps to Fit and we’ll show you all of your fitness data in one place.
- Compatible with all Android Wear devices.
- Also access Google Fit on the web at www.google.com/fit and on your tablet.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more