Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Take-Two Interactive Software chairman Strauss Zelnick can thank Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos for this: The publisher reported that it received $22 million as it cashed out its investment in Twitch, the gameplay livestreaming company.
Amazon acquired Twitch for $970 million in September. That means that Take-Two held about 2.3 percent of the ownership of Twitch. No doubt Take-Two is happy with its return, although the company did not say what the initial investment was.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties