Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
PlayStation 4 owners who were looking forward to the Evolve alpha demo this weekend are going to have to wait due to a Sony goof.
Publisher 2K Games and developer Turtle Rock Studios revealed that it is postponing the Evolve test for PS4. Turtle Rock said that it has discovered issues with the demo on PS4 since Sony introduced the 2.0 update for that console’s firmware. This problem is only on PlayStation 4, so that means if you got an invite for Xbox One or PC, you can go ahead and play right now.
“Following the recent PS4 2.00 firmware update, we are experiencing difficulties with the Evolve Big Alpha on PlayStation 4,” reads a 2K statement. “As a result, the test on PlayStation 4 is postponed. PlayStation and 2K are working together on a resolution. Evolve’s closed alpha test is still playable on Xbox One and PC.”
The much heralded 2.0 has brought a number of issues to PS4, such as connectivity problems and occasional freezing (among others).
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
If you are now holding onto a useless PlayStation 4 Evolve alpha invite, 2K has your back. If you also own an Xbox One or PC, the publisher is offering you the chance to get a new invite for one of those platforms.
Just follow the instructions below:
- Go to http://www.evolvegame.com/bigalpha
- Fill out the form completely including the registration code, referral code, and a valid email
- Check your email for an official invite with your product voucher code
- Redeem the product voucher code on the platform of your choice to download the game
Registration Code: 05379-29749-32069
Referral Code: EvolveBigAlpha4v1
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties