I know you come here to read about technology, startups, and investments. But the simplest things in life can yield the best returns in pure happiness. I know this is true because Star Trek alum George Takei (Sulu!) says so.
Here’s the thing that made Takei so happy. I hope I find one in my stocking this year. That and a bunch of Apple stock.
It’s the Bubble Calendar from bubblewrap.com. Every day you get to pop a bubble, for 365 little endorphin blasts a year.
Reviews of the calendar are mixed on Amazon.com. The calendar gets either one star or five stars — not many in between. Here are the two most common comments:
Five stars: “This thing is very popular at the office! People come by and try to get “today’s pop”, it’s a little competitive here. I love coming in after a long weekend -I get 3 pops, all mine!”
One star: “I bought one and now am depressed. In only a few short days a whole year had passed. I am getting old before my time….”
Anyway here are the specs:
- Huge! 48″ x 15.5″ (122cm x 39cm) poster calendar
- Heavy Bubbles for a bigger POP
- Easy to read! Weekends bolded for quick reference
- Designed and made in Brooklyn, USA
- The type is set in Helvetica Neue
- The calendars are printed on thick paper (80 pound cover stock)
Could be very good for prison inmates too. Every day wake up, shave, pop another bubble, go lift weights.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more