In episode 31 of our podcast “What To Think,” we talked with Forrester analyst Sucharita Mulpuru, who focuses on mobile commerce, e-commerce, and retail, to find out about how — and how often — consumers will use e-commerce sites and mobile shopping apps to find that special gift this holiday season.
The majority of shopping this year will take place offline, and the growth of online shopping this season actually slowed a bit from last year, Mulpuru says. During the podcast Mulpuru explains how exactly shoppers are using the Web and mobile devices during the period leading up to a purchase.
She also has some helpful ideas about how to use mobile and the Web to find the very best deals on Black Friday and throughout the holiday shopping season.
Plus, we tell you what to think about:
- Future uses of smartwatches like the Apple Watch that will make us start forgetting about our smartphones
- Blackberry’s desperate attempt to get iPhone users to buy its new Passport device
- Lyft’s claims that it had its biggest week ever last week, when rival Uber was being roasted for privacy threats against journalists
All this and more is in our latest weekly episode. Check it out.
And while you’re at it, download the MP3 of last week’s episode here.
Enjoy the show!
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more