Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Facebook vice president of mobile engineering Cory Ondrejka, who has been overseeing the company’s acquisition of Oculus Rift and its integration, announced today he is leaving the company.
Ondrejka, who was a cofounder and CTO of Linden Lab, which built the virtual world Second Life, joined Facebook in 2010 as director of engineering. Prior to his Oculus responsibilities, he ran Facebook’s entire mobile app transition for two years, he told VentureBeat.
He said his last day at Facebook is Dec. 22.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties