Microsoft owns Minecraft, so it makes sense that it would spruce up the Xbox version a bit.
The company released update 1.6.4 for Minecraft on Xbox One and Xbox 360 today, and it comes with a number of changes. First, it now offers beginners a “tutorial world” that teaches you the basics of the open-world block-building game. This starter area even has several hidden music discs that you can find.
For the rest of the changes, let’s go to a list format:
- Horse/donkey mating to create mules
- You can tame and ride the horses
- Horse armor (really)
- New enemies including Wither skeletons, witches, and bats
- Naming system for aforementioned horses, donkeys, and mules
- Build fireworks
- Firework display programming
- Colored clay
The content is free if you already own Minecraft on Xbox One and Xbox 360. The update is also due out soon for you PlayStation MineCrafters.