All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Mark Zuckerberg is looking for help from Facebook’s 1.35 billion users to figure out what goal he should set for himself in 2015.
Each year, the Facebook cofounder picks a personal challenge. In past years, those goals have included learning Mandarin, meeting one new person a day who didn’t work for Facebook, and only eating meat from animals he’d killed himself.
“Every year I take on a challenge to broaden my perspective and learn something about the world beyond my work at Facebook,” he wrote in a public post today on Facebook. “I have an idea of what my next challenge might be, but I’m open to more ideas before the new year officially begins. So share your ideas here!”
And share people did. The first thing Zuckerberg may need to do in 2015 is hire a personal assistant to read the 30,264 comments, or track the 1,937 shares of the post.
If you sort the replies by “top comments,” however, these are the ones that are bubbling to the top at the moment:
- Robert Scoble Have someone visit your house every week that you have never had over.
- Scott Kleinberg Buy a telescope and look into it every night … I can’t think of a better way to learn something about the world — and worlds unknown.
- Pejman Nozad teach an elementary class once a month!
- Sean Percival Don’t use a smartphone for 1 year
- Don Dodge Post something on Facebook every day.
- Dave Donohue My personal challenge for 2015 is to only read non-fiction books. Over the past 10ish years, I’ve used fiction to escape the rigors of daily life, and I’m using this year to embrace the mental challenge of closing every night with something material.
- Lili Balfour Go vegan!
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more