If you come to mobile, they will build it.
At least that’s what Electronic Arts found when it released the mobile version of SimCity for iOS and Android on Dec. 15. More than 15 million people have downloaded SimCity BuildIt, or nearly the population of Mexico City and Manhattan combined, and together they’ve logged more than 8,000 years of gameplay. Company representatives announced the news this morning, saying the app is among the top 5 free iOS offerings in more than 100 countries.
“We’re thrilled you’re enjoying SimCity BuildIt, and we’re excited to bring new content and fresh updates to players as we grow and SimCity BuildIt over time,” EA staffers posted in a blog on the news.
For more stats on SimCity BuildIt, check out the infographic below:
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties