Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
The newest arm of the group behind the Tropico city-building simulation series is dedicated to mobile entertainment.
Kalypso Media Mobile opens in Hamburg, Germany, giving global independent developer Kalypso Media Group an avenue into the $25 billion dollar mobile games market. Marcus Behrens, formerly of a senior manager at German developer Bigpoint Games, will head up this new division as its publishing director.
The last expansion for the group added a digital-first division named Kobalt Games back in 2013.
This new business will focus solely on bringing Kalypso’s own brands and IPs to smartphones and tablets on both the iOS and Android platforms.
No new titles have been announced as of yet, but it’s probably safe to bet on at least one city sim.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties