The Transform Technology Summits start October 13th with Low-Code/No Code: Enabling Enterprise Agility. Register now!
Nicholas Carlson, the chief correspondent for Business Insider, has just published a book that goes deep into Yahoo under Marissa Mayer. Marissa Mayer and the Fight to Save Yahoo has details such as Mayer’s first day at work and her showdowns with activist investors and truculent executives. We brought Carlson into the podcast studio to ask him our questions:
Does Mayer have what it takes to turn around the lumbering giant that is Yahoo? Why does Carlson seem so fixated on Mayer’s hair and whether it’s wet or not? Who was the worst CEO in Yahoo’s history?
Find out the answers to these questions and more in our conversation with Carlson.
Plus, we tell you what to think about:
- Box going public any minute now. Cloud file-sharing company Box is apparently good and ready at last for its initial public offering.
- What you learn when you try on almost 60 wearables in one day. Only a few companies seem to have taken the time to make strapping a “smart” gadget to your body feel somewhat natural.
- Why Wickr CEO Nico Sell is trying to get teens interested in security. She is the sunglasses-wearing, ambitious founder and big boss of Wickr, a messaging app that encrypts your messages securely. But she’s got way bigger ambitions than just messaging.
All this is in our 30 minute podcast here.
You can find this latest edition of What to Think on iTunes.
In addition, you can What to Think on Stitcher or get the What to Think RSS feed for the podcast player of your choice.
Enjoy the show!
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more