Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Now that Google has reported earnings, we can add another incredible stat to Apple’s mind bending fourth quarter performance.
For the December quarter, Apple generated $74.6 billion in sales.
For all of 2014, Google generated $66 billion in sales.
That’s really impressive. So is this…
The combined fourth quarter revenue of Microsoft, Google, and Amazon was $73.9 billion.
That’s less than Apple did over that same period.
Just as impressive? Apple, against a bigger number, is growing faster than these companies.
- Apple’s sales were up 30 percent for the quarter.
- Microsoft’s sales were up 8 percent.
- Amazon’s sales were up 15 percent.
- Google’s sales were up 15 percent.
We could be here all day marveling at Apple’s quarter. It’s nuts how much better Apple is doing than the rest of the tech industry right now.
This story originally appeared on Business Insider. Copyright 2015
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more