All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
This week we talk to Charlie O’Donnell, the founder and sole partner at Brooklyn Bridge Ventures, the first VC fund based in Brooklyn. He’s been making investments in the New York tech world for a decade now, and brings a unique perspective to what makes NYC tick — and why it’s seeing an explosion of tech startups lately.
Unusually for a venture investor, O’Donnell talks about giving back — about the responsibility that NYC startups have to the community and to the city. And he talks about the important role the New York city government has to play in fostering a healthy startup ecosystem in the Big Apple.
Check out our conversation for insights into New York tech — and what it takes to build a successful startup ecosystem in any city.
Plus, we tell you what to think about:
- Yahoo stealing search market share from Google,
- how the Apple Watch makes you want it, and
- Snapchat’s new media channel, including an original, so-bad-it’s-good micro-series.
All this and more is in our latest weekly episode. Check it out!
You can find this latest edition of What to Think on iTunes.
In addition, you can hear What to Think on Stitcher or get the What to Think RSS feed for the podcast player of your choice.
Enjoy the show!
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more