This week on What to Think, we chat with Paul Vigna, reporter at the Wall Street Journal and coauthor of “The Age of Cryptocurrency,” about whether Bitcoin is here to stay. Vigna takes us through the history of the Bitcoin market, starting with the implosion of Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox and going all the way through to the development of more mature Bitcoin companies like Coinbase and Xapo.
In our interview, Vigna helps us answer questions like: Why is Bitcoin getting tons of investor money? And what’s the difference between Bitcoin the currency and Bitcoin the asset?
We’ll also tell you what to think about:
- Google’s $900 million investment in SpaceX,
- Apple’s $18 billion profit last quarter, and
- FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler’s open letter suggesting the Internet be classified as a public utility.
Don’t miss this week’s episode. Check it out here!
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform
- networking features, and more