A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Apple’s iOS 8.2 is now officially available, delivering Apple Watch support and a number of new Health app-related updates, including a privacy-minded incognito mode that pauses the Health app, improved support for third-party workout apps, a number of bug fixes (largely involving the Health app’s unit measurements), and stability and accuracy improvements.
The update also introduces a “New Activity app for viewing fitness data and achievements from Apple Watch [that] appears when Apple Watch is paired,” according to Apple’s change-log.
Like most iterative iOS updates, this announcement lacks surprise. Through Apple’s developer beta program, a log of the 8.2 update already did the rounds last week. That’s not to say, of course, that iOS 8.2 doesn’t offer a number of interesting features.
Here’s the official change-log, via Apple:
This release introduces support for Apple Watch, and also includes improvements to the Health app, increased stability and bug fixes.
Apple Watch support
• New Apple Watch app to pair and sync with iPhone, and to customize watch settings
• New Activity app for viewing fitness data and achievements from Apple Watch; appears when Apple Watch is paired
• Available on iPhone 5 and later
Health app improvements
• Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for distance, body temperature, height, weight and blood glucose
• Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
• Includes the ability to add and visualize workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
• Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
• Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
• Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changing data source order
• Fixes an issue where some graphs showed no data values
• Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance and flights climbed
• Increases stability of Mail
• Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
• Improves stability of Music
• Improves VoiceOver reliability
• Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids
• Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
• Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
• Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
• Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
• Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on device
• Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
• Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
• Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
• Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom recurring meeting to drop from an Exchange calendar
• Fixes a certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
• Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
• Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as ‘Busy’ after accepting an invite
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more