All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
This sponsored post is produced by The Founder Institute.
Who says that Silicon Valley is the best place to build a startup?
At the Founder Institute, we know that great startups can be built anywhere, because we have helped launch over 1,400 promising companies across 85+ cities and six continents.
No question, innovation has truly gone global.
In addition, according to our “Entrepreneur DNA” test, there are talented founders everywhere, and each geographic region has their own specific entrepreneurial strengths.
In fact, over the last six years, we have worked with leading social scientists to create a “Predictive Admissions Test’ — an hour-long battery of personality and aptitude evaluations. To date, over 20,000 aspiring entrepreneurs have taken the test across 40+ countries, and through a geographical analysis of data we have found that:
- Entrepreneurs in North America display the highest average global openness. Openness is a “Big 5 Personality Trait” for people that are intellectually curious, creative, risk-taking, and willing to try new things.
- Entrepreneurs in South and Central America display the highest average global conscientiousness.Conscientiousness is a “Big 5 Personality Trait” for people that are organized, self-disciplined, diligent, and hard-working.
- Entrepreneurs in Australia display the highest average emotional stability. Emotional Stability is related to neuroticism (another “Big 5 Personality Trait”), and people with high emotional stability have high impulse control and can remain calm in stressful situations.
- Entrepreneurs in Europe display the highest average global extroversion. Another “Big 5” trait, extroverted people generally display high energy, assertiveness, and sociability.
- Entrepreneurs in Asia display the second-highest average global fluid intelligence. Fluid Intelligence measures someone’s ability to quickly learn a new ruleset, and then adapt that ruleset towards solving problems
Check out the infographic below to see more of our findings, as well as some of the innovative companies being built across the globe.
If you also believe that great startups can be built anywhere, then join us for the the Founder Institute’s Global Virtual Demo Day online event on Thursday, March 19th. During this globally-broadcast live webinar, promising companies from four different countries will pitch to Silicon Valley investors for feedback. RSVP today for free at http://figlobaldemoday.eventbrite.com.
Sponsored posts are content that has been produced by a company that is either paying for the post or has a business relationship with VentureBeat, and they’re always clearly marked. The content of news stories produced by our editorial team is never influenced by advertisers or sponsors in any way. For more information, contact email@example.com.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more