A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Minecraft is now a wonderful world of color.
The Pattern Texture Pack is available today for all console versions of the popular block-building game. It adds colorful, bright patterns and new, knitted-looking animals. You can apply the textures to old or new Minecraft worlds. The pack cost $1.
Proceed with caution, though. Those are some pretty vibrant colors.
Minecraft is one of the most popular games in the world. Microsoft bought Mojang, the company behind the phenomonen, for $2.5 billion last September. Still, Minecraft continues to sell versions on non-Microsoft platforms, including PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Vita, iOS, and Android.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties